USAID-STAR ENERGYSCHOLARS AWARDS
USAID-STAR ENERGY Scholars awards provide a range of opportunities for Indonesian citizens to develop their capacities, knowledge, and skills by performing a study and research at Magister Program of Geothermal Technology, Institut Teknologi Bandung.
The objective of this program is to increase the capacity of available professional manpower in the geothermal sector in Indonesia. This includes manpower in the industries, government, and academic.
The scholarships will be given to 10 Master degree students each year. It covers tuition and fees, books, and field trips required for every students during their study (maximum of 4 semesters program).
Prior to applying the scholarship, there is a number of requirements to be met:
Scholarship applicants must:
- have a minimum 3.25/4.00 cumulative GPA from previous study (undergraduate program).
- meet the minimum English language requirement from Institutional TOEFL of 550 or equivalent IELTS of 6.5
- meet the Academic Potential Test/TesPotensiAkademik(similar to GRE) minimum score of 500
- provide letter of statement that they will enroll as full time students at ITB Master Program
- provide formal letter of permission from employer to leave the work and study full time at ITB Master Program (for applicants that are currently employed)
- pass test and interview
- be less than 40 years of age by the time of admission (certificate of birth date is required)
For students whom the scholarship are granted, their performance will be evaluated every semester by academic committee.
Scholarship Awardees must:
- commence the study in academic calendar by the time the scholarship is offered
- complete the full study program in maximum 4 semesters during their scholarship program
- agree for a scholarship termination or cancelation at any time due to specific reason as follows: failure to make satisfactory academic progress or failure to complete scholarship award within the period as stipulated under contract between students and academic committee?
- be in charge of being present in all lectures and tutorial, including fulfill the assignments (task and essay) and sit for the examinations
- actively participate in all activities related to the academic program held by Geothermal Technology Magister Program, including seminars, course, field trip or field camp
- be permitted from the employer to leave their work temporarily to be a full time student (for applicants that are currently employed)
To help you ensure that you have fulfilled all the documents required, it is important to have all the lists below checked with thick mark (√) before you submit your application.All applicants must provide TWO copies of application form (one original copy and one photocopy), completed in English. Each copy of the application form must include:
- A signed application declaration
- A certified copy of birth certificate
- A copy of Identification Card (Passport or KTP – KartuTandaPenduduk)
- The most recent Curriculum Vitae (including brief history of study, work, competencies or skill)
- A certified graduation certificate
- A certified academic transcript
- TOEFL or IELTS test results
- TPA – Test PotensiAkademik, similar to GRE
- A current job description (confirming your position and outlining your responsibilities and duties) – If you are currently employed
- Two references on official letterhead from former lecturers or employer
- Medical document of color blindness for applicants enrolled for exploration specialization
- A 500 word statement describing the specific skills and knowledge you want to gain from your proposed study and how this will contribute to your current and/or future job.
- A 500 word statement describing how your proposed area of study will enable you to contribute to the social or economic development of your organization.
- A 500 word statement outlining your proposed research topic.
- A copy of your doctor’s assessment
- All statements have to be written in English
Further information on the USAID-STAR ENERGY Scholars award, regarding eligibility, including the application process, is available in the Magister Program in Geothermal Technology of ITB website at www.geothermal.itb.ac.id and Star Energy website: www.starenergy.co.id