Postdoctoral Research Associate (Geophysics)
The Center for Geothermal Studies at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, CA has an anticipated opening for a Postdoctoral Research Associate with background in geophysics with a tentative starting date of May 15, 2012.
This position will require a high level of understanding of micro seismic and other geophysical methods and their application in exploring for geothermal energy and other natural resources. Experience with shear wave data analysis, seismic tomography, fuzzy logic, neural networks and fractals as well as experience in directing of or contributing to the government funded research projects are preferred.
- A Ph.D. in geophysics (or a related field) or equivalent doctorate in geophysics within previous three years.
- Expertise and advanced knowledge of, analysis methods for seismic data.
In addition, qualified candidates must have:
- Background in at least two of the following areas: MEQ data analysis, seismic tomography, geothermal reservoir characterization and soft computing.
- Demonstrated communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to assist in the planning, designing and conducting of highly technical and complex projects.
- Ability to work and collaborate within multidisciplinary research teams.
The candidate will contribute to the accomplishments of the tasks highlighted in the DOE funded project (Click Here for more details). The role may require other related duties and the supervision of doctoral students.
Interested applicants should email their resumes directly to Prof. Fred Aminzadeh (firstname.lastname@example.org) by May 1,2012
Click Here to download Position Information document